This recipe is a variation of the Bare Minimum Mustache Wax recipe. Candelilla wax is substituted for the beeswax. It is made from the leaves of the Candelilla plant. Candelilla wax is harder than beeswax when solid so the ratio is slightly adjusted for this recipe. This recipe will fill a 2 oz tin.
- 1 oz | 28g Candelilla Wax (Pastilles or grated are best.)
- 1 oz | 28g Unrefined Cold-Pressed Coconut Oil
- 2 oz Tin or Small Jar
- Melt the candelilla wax in a double boiler over low heat. Do not boil the beeswax.
- Add the coconut oil and stir until well mixed.
- Pour into a tin or small jar and allow to thoroughly cool.
If you find that you don’t like the consistency, you can remelt the mixture in the double boiler and adjust the ratio. Add more candelilla wax for a thicker mixture, and more coconut oil for softer.