This one originally started out as Mustache Wax #2. The recipe provides good hold in moderate climates without being too rigid or brittle. As always, this recipe only takes a few minutes to make, and it’s definitely less expensive than buying mustache wax at the store. We left this one unscented, but you can add a few drops of your favorite essential oils to make it your own or try one of our favorite scent combinations.
- 1.25 oz | 35 g Beeswax
- 1 Tbs | 14 g Shea Butter
- 0.5 Tbs | 7 g Coconut Oil
- 2 oz Tin or Small Jar
- Melt the beeswax in a double boiler over medium-low heat. Do not boil the beeswax.
- Remove the wax from heat when fully melted.
- Quickly add the shea butter and coconut oil.
- Pour into the tin or small tar and allow to cool thoroughly.
How to Apply
Use a coin, guitar pick, or the back of your fingernail to scrape a small amount of wax out. Soften it between your finger tips before applying. This one also washes out easily with mild soap and warm water.