This recipe was my introduction to DIY mustache wax. It’s very easy to make with only two easily accessible inexpensive ingredients. I changed up the ratio just a bit to get the consistency that I liked. This recipe will fill a 2 oz tin.
Looking for a vegan recipe? Check out our vegan version of this simple recipe.
- 1.25 oz | 35g Beeswax (Pastilles or grated are best.)
- 0.75 oz | 21g Unrefined Cold-Pressed Coconut Oil
- 2 oz Tin or Small Jar
- Melt the beeswax in a double boiler over low heat. Do not boil the beeswax.
- Add the coconut oil and stir until well mixed.
- Pour into a tin or small jar and allow to thoroughly cool.
If you find that you don’t like the consistency, you can remelt the mixture in the double boiler and adjust the ratio. Add more beeswax for a thicker mixture, and more coconut oil for softer.